Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I'm feeling this lately

Pin It Not the guys in drag. The Michelle Shocked song. I love her anthem about embracing growing older. Most of us (myself included) cringe at the thought of aging, but here, she approaches maturation as something to be revered, to be cherished and basked in. And you know what? That's exactly how I'm going to change my tune about it all.

And a very, very special shout out to my grandmother, Margaret, who turned 85 on Friday! She's so incredible that two years ago, she decided she wanted to change her life, so she sold her house and moved cross country to 'retire' to Florida with my mom. At age 83, she took up painting and is creating beautiful watercolors and acrylics which she sends to my sister and I every chance she gets.  Can we say inspiration? Indeed!   She taught me how to sew, how to cook, and has made countless handwritten cookbooks for me. She's just so wonderful and I am so fortunate to have her in my life! Love you MawMaw!!!!


Share

No comments: